Public Relations for Ranger Boats for over 37 years. Currently Professional Fishing Guide for Lake Fork Texas and Bull Shoals Lake, Arkansas

Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 Season Off & Running

I just left God's country (Arkansas) to come to another of God's country (Texas).When I arrived, it was raining  cats and dogs all day and all night.
Here it is the next day and the rain has stopped but it is a little cold with some wind.  I got on the lake late, it was about 10 a.m.  I stayed close and caught 5 bass on a mop jig with a big grub trailer, green pumpkin & a 2.5 Strike King crank bait, chartreuse with black back.

Here we go again on the next day with a late start again.  It's cold and windy.

While waiting to put in at the ramp, I met a nice man named Lee Atkinson. Lee asked if I was a guide on Lake Fork.  We had a nice conversation which led to me inviting him to stay and  go fishing with me for some fun fishing even though the weather was bad.  It was around 10 a.m. so we headed to the Glade Arm of Lake Fork.  We only fished to noon.  Lee had to leave & head home.  Oh by the way Lee did catch the only fish we had on.  It weighed 5lbs. 2ozs.

After Lee went home. I drove to put into another part of the Lake.  The Little Caney Arm.  I fished the rest of the day. I caught another 8 fish on baby brush hogs, watermelon candy red w/metal flake, & 2.5 Strike King crank bait, chartreuse, black back. Caught all the fish in the back of little pockets.

I wish Lee could have stayed the last half of the day  with me. He is coming back in March to fish with me again.  Looking forward to fishing with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment